Pert: Typical Mistakes by 1600-1900 Players (DVD)
As the National Head Coach for the English Chess Federation I train many improving players, and see some typical mistakes that repeat themselves. In this DVD I have taken a large collection of games played by players, predominantly in the rating range 1600-1900, and I have looked for typical mistakes. I have broken these examples into various themes such as “Miscalculating Forcing Lines”, “Being Too Materialistic” and “King Safety” amongst others. Each theme has several examples to demonstrate typical mistakes, and there are various test throughout the DVD so that the viewer can try and find the best move in certain positions. This should be a great tool for players to use in order to improve their middlegame and endgame play. It will hopefully also highlight any areas that you need to work on in order to improve quickly. Enjoy the DVD!
- Video running time: 4 hours 5 min (English)
- With interactive training including video feedback
- Exclusive database with 50 essential games
- Including CB Reader
GM Nick Pert is a chess grandmaster from England who has regularly played for the England team in Olympiads and European Team Championships. He is a former World U18 chess champion and is the current National Head Coach of the English Chess Federation.
- Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM
- Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3) ®
- DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM
- DVD-ROM drive
- Windows Media Player 9 and internet connection for program activation.
- PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz,4 GB RAM
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 ®
- DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better
- 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card
- Windows Media Player 11
DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.