Martin: The Blumenfeld Gambit (DVD)
It was back in the 1920s that the Russian master Benjamin Blumenfeld invented his famous gambit 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nf3 c5 4.d5 b5!?, and to the present day the opening retains great popularity. Black plays for the initiative and the win from the word go. It’s all about the centre. Who will be the first to dominate this important area of the board? A fierce, immediate fight breaks out, and if either player does not know what to do, a crushing defeat could be the result. This opening is ideal for club and tournament players.
- Video running time: 4 hours 44 min (English)
- With interactive training including video feedback
- Exclusive database with 50 model games
- Including CB 12 Reader
Andrew Martin is an English chess player with the title of International Master. He has won various national and international tournaments and was a commentator on the chess world championship between Kasparov and Kramnik in 2000. He is known as a professional chess teacher and head trainer
of the English youth team. He is a chess columnist, an author of chess books and the author of various instructional videos. He was the publisher of the series Trends Publications. Andrew Martin has recorded extensively for Chessbase since 2004.
- Pentium III 1 GHz
- 1 GB RAM
- Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3)
- DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM
- DVD-ROM drive
- Windows Media Player 9
- internet connection for program activation.
- PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better
- 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card
- Windows Media Player 11
- DVD-ROM drive
- internet connection for program activation