Martin: First steps in Gambits and Sacrifices (DVD)
Gambit play and the joy of sacrificing is an important part of the improving process. In order to become a strong player you must learn to attack and make combinations. Many continue to play in an aggressive style throughout an entire chess liftetime! So on this allnew ChessBase DVD FIDE Senior Trainer and IM Andrew Martin will show you how to go about this in the right way. There are several foolproof ways to improve at chess. They are:
1) Working hard at targeted subjects.
2) Analysing one’s own games. Studying master games.
3) Playing a lot to gain experience.
4) Taking good advice from a coach and thereby saving time. This is where the ChessBase DVD comes into its own.
There are many modern brilliancies and fascinating ideas on this DVD. Comprehensive notes are provided to most of these games for your later enjoyment. Gambit play is still alive! we hope you embrace it.
Video running time: 3 hours 21 min.
Andrew Martin is 53 years old and is the Manger of Coaching for the English Chess Federation. He is a Senior FIDE Trainer and International Master.
- Pentium-Processor at 300 Mhz or higher
- 64 MB RAM
- Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista ®
- DVD drive