Marin: Winning against the Classical Slav (DVD)
This DVD offers White a complete repertoire against the classical Slav, a popular opening, in which Black can choose from a wide range of plans. In the Slav White often has more space but to turn this into an advantage he needs to know the typical strategic and tactical motifs of the opening and has to develop a feeling for the nuances of the position. The videos on this DVD give White a repertoire with concrete variations against all main lines Black can play and also show the typical strategic and tactical ideas of the Slav and the hidden subtleties of the position. This makes it easier to memorize the main variations and makes sure that White knows what to do when the current theory develops. Most of the videos are interactive, offering tactical exercises in typical positions to help the reader to understand and remember the material better. In addition to the videos the DVD also offers a number of databases. One database contains the analysis presented in the videos, another database has extensively annotated illustrative games. As additional material the DVD comes with two articles by the author about the Slav that were published earlier in the ChessBase Magazine.
- Video running time: 6 hours 10 min. (English)
- With interactive training including video feedback
- Extra: Database with more than 50 instructive games
- 2 CBM articles about the Slav by Mihail Marin
- Including CB 12 - Reader
Mihail Marin , born in 1965, has several times been Romanian champion and first made the leap over the Elo barrier of 2600 in 2001. Marin possesses a rare gift for a grandmaster - he is able to explain in readily comprehensible terms the ideas behind moves, variations and positions. This ability is there for all to admire in his contributions to ChessBase Magazine. Marin has written some books which have earned the highest of praise, among which are “Secrets of Chess Defence” and “Learn from the legends”.
- Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM
- Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3)
- DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM
- DVD-ROM drive
- Windows Media Player 9
- and internet connection for program activation.
- PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM
- Windows 7 or Windows 8
- DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better
- 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card
- Windows Media Player 11
- DVD-ROM drive
- and Internet connection for program activation