King: Powerplay 22: A Rep For Black With the French (DVD)
The French Defence is one of the most reliable openings against 1 e4. The solid central pawn chain protects Black’s king and provides the basis for counter-attacks on both wings. On this DVD Grandmaster Daniel King offers you a repertoire for Black with the French. Based around ten stem games, all White’s major lines against the French are covered. The French Defence is one of the most flexible of openings. This DVD explores different systems so that you can always keep your opponent guessing as to your choice. Complete games are discussed so that one gains an idea about typical strategies for both sides. More than that, these model games provide inspiration to play the opening. This is an interactive DVD. At key moments in the games Grandmaster King pauses and puts you on the spot. You will have to find and play the best move. He then gives feedback in further video clips according to the move you chose.
- A complete French repertoire for Black
- Suitable for club players
- Model games with typical middlegame strategy
- Up-to-date theory
- Video running time: 4 h 43 min (English)
- interactive training including video feedback
- Exclusive training database with selected 50 games
- Including CB 12 Reader
Daniel King (born 1963) is a Grandmaster, has been a professional chess player for more than 20 years and has represented his country in numerous competitions, amongst others in the historic win by the English over the Soviet Union in 1990 in Reykjavik. King is the author of more than 15 chess books and has wealth of experience as a trainer, assisting many of England’s leading players. He is also well known for his broadcasting on TV, radio and the internet, commentating major chess events. To the delight of chess fans worldwide, he hosts his monthly "Powerplay" show on the world's largest chess server, Playchess.com. He contributes to ChessBase Magazine, with the popular column "Move by Move". King has also produced the highly praised PowerPlay DVD series for ChessBase. King lives in London.
- Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM
- Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3) ®
- DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM
- DVD-ROM drive
- Windows Media Player 9 and internet connection for program activation.
- PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz,4 GB RAM
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 ®
- DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better
- 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card
- Windows Media Player 11
DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.